Academic Associate, Charles Sturt University
Lecturer, St Francis Theological College Canon
St John’s Cathedral, Brisbane, Australia
Nigel Leaves (d. June 22, 2016) was based in Brisbane, Australia. He was on the staff of St Francis Theological College and Canon of St John’s Anglican Cathedral where he was responsible for adult theological education. He was an Academic Associate of Charles Sturt University, teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Nigel was passionate about bridging the gap between what is taught in the Academy and preached in the churches, and concerned that theology should be both honest and appropriate to the cultural situation in which it is situated. He was fearful that truthful “God-talk” has been sidelined from ordinary conversation and during his life enjoined theologians to be more creative in their engagement with postmodernity. Nigel was a highly regarded as a conference speaker and educator; and lectured extensively in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and the USA.
- Religion Under Attack: Getting Theology Right! (2011)
- “A Journey in Life” in When Faith Meets Reason, 2008.
- The God Problem: Alternatives to Fundamentalism, 2006
- Surfing on the Sea of Faith: the religion and ethics of Don Cupitt, 2005
- Odyssey on the Sea of Faith: the life and writings of Don Cupitt, 2004
- Ph.D., Theology, Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia
- M.A (distin.), Religious Education, King’s College, London University, UK
- M.A., Theology, Keble College, Oxford University, UK
- Certificate in Education, King’s College London University, UK