Andrew D. Scrimgeour is the past Chair of the Westar Board of Directors, the archivist of the Society of Biblical Literature, and the founding archivist of the American Academy of Religion. He earned a Ph.D. from Drexel University; his dissertation was titled "Mapping the Intellectual Geography of Biblical Studies: A Cocitation Study in the Humanities." He also holds a M.Div. and M.Th. from Princeton Theological Seminary, and a MLS from Rutgers University. He has published numerous articles in biblical studies, religious research methods, and bibliometrics, and is working on a biography of Westar Founder Robert W. Funk.
- Just Call Me Bob: The Wit and Wisdom of Robert W. Funk, Polebridge Press, 2007.
- "Pseudo-Chrysostom's Encomium to Thecla, the Heroine of Acts of Paul in Homily and Art," with Dennis R. MacDonald in Semeia; An Experimental Journal in Biblical Interpretation, 38 (Society of Biblical Literature, 1986), pp. l5l-l59, l73-l8l.
- "Mapping the Intellectual Landscape of Religious Studies: A Cocitation Study of Religion Journals," Summary of Proceedings. American Theological Library Association. 1996, pp. 132-156. Based on paper presented to The Joint International Conference of The Association for Computers and the Humanities and The Association for Literary and Linguistic Computing, 1993.
- M.Div., Princeton Theological Seminary
- M.Th., Princeton Theological Seminary
- MLS, Rutgers University
- Ph.D., Drexel University
- Dean of Libraries, Drew University, Madison, New Jersey, 2000—present
- Dean of Libraries, Regis University, Denver, Colorado, 1984-2000
- Director, The Ira J. Taylor Library. Associate Professor of Theological Bibliography and Research 1980-84
- Director, Library Development Program. Boston Theological Institute, Harvard Divinity School, 1976-80
- Archivist of the Society of Biblical Literature, 1980-present
- Founding archivist of the American Academy of Religion, 1980-present
- VALE (Consortium of the academic libraries of New Jersey). Member of the Board of Directors, 2000- ; Vice Chair, 2006- .