Bernard Brandon Scott
Bernard Brandon Scott is the author and editor of many books, including The Real Paul: Recovering His Radical Challenge and The Trouble with Resurrection. A charter member of the Jesus Seminar, he is chair of Westar’s newly established Christianity Seminar. He served as chair of the Bible in Ancient and Modern Media Section of the Society of Biblical Literature, as well as a member of several SBL Seminars including the Parable Seminar and Historical Jesus Seminar. He holds an A.B. from St. Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology, an M.A. from Miami University, and a Ph.D. from Vanderbilt University.
- The Real Paul: Recovering His Radical Challenge, 2015
- The Trouble with Resurrection, 2010
- Editor The Resurrection of Jesus: A Sourcebook (Vol 4, 2009)
- Sound Mapping the New Testament (with Margaret Ellen Lee), 2009.
- Editor, Finding the Historical Jesus: Rules of Evidence (Jesus Seminar Guides Vol 3, 2008)
- Editor with Edward Beutner, Listening to the Parables of Jesus (Jesus Seminar Guides Vol 2, 2007
- Editor, Jesus Reconsidered: Scholarship in the Public Eye (Jesus Seminar Guides Vol 1, 2007).
- Editor: Funk on Parables. Collected Essays. 2006.
- Re-Imagine the World, 2001
- Hollywood Dreams and Biblical Stories, 1994
- Proclamation 5, Series C: Advent-Christmas, 1994
- Reading New Testament Greek (with Margaret Dean, Kristen Sparks, and Francis LaZar), 1993
- In Search of Wisdom: Essays in Honor of John G. Gammie (editor, with Leo G. Perdue and Willliam Johnston Wiseman), 1993
- The Looking Glass, Essays in Celebration of a Precursor: For Robert W. Funk, Forum 8, numbers 3/4 (editor), 1992
- Hear Then the Parable, 1989
- The Red Letter Parables (with Robert Funk), 1988
- The Word of God in Words, 1985
- Jesus Symbol-Maker for the Kingdom, 1981
- Alfred Loisy, The Gospel and the Church, Lives of Jesus Series (editor)
- A.B., St. Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology
- M.A., Miami University
- Ph.D., Vanderbilt University
- Darbeth Distinguished Professor of New Testament, Phillips Theological Seminary at the University of Tulsa, 1988–
- Acting Dean of the Tulsa Center, Phillips Graduate Seminary at the University of Tulsa, 1988–1989
- Visiting Professor and Research Associate, Yale Divinity School, 1986
- Professor of New Testament, St. Meinrad School of Theology, 1982–1988
- Associate Professor of New Testament; St. Meinrad School of Theology, 1971–1982
- Director of the Budget, St. Meinrad School of Theology, 1977–1983
- Academic Dean, St. Meinrad School of Theology, IN, 1975–1978
- Co-Chair of Group on the Bible in Ancient and Modern Media Group, Society of Biblical Literature, 1991–1999
- Consultant to the American Bible Society Multi-media Translations Group, 1991–
- Editor of Sources for the Study of the New Testament.
- Associate Editor for Catholic Biblical Quaterly, 1989–1995
- Associate Editor for Journal of Biblical Literature, 1990–1995
- Editorial Board for Religion, 1991–1994
- Editorial Board for Biblical Theology Bulletin, 1987–
- Editorial Board for Semeia, 1994–1999
- Editorial Board for Fourth R, 1999–
- Editorial Board for New Trends in Translation, 1999–